16 August 2009

Back in Europe

So I am finally in Cyprus and mostly settled. No pictures as of yet, but here are a few things that I have learned about Cyprus thus far:

1. They drive on the other side of the road, thanks to huge British influence
2. I have been told by everyone I have met so far that the Turkish Cypriots and the Greek Cypriots have no issue with each other and are quite amicable
3. It is HOT. Temperatures in the 90's with humidity (though not as much as Richmond), but the nights usually bring cool breezes
4. You can't really see the island without a car
5. Cyprus has one of if not the highest car crash rates in Europe - due to EU entrance a few years ago, everybody got lots of money and bought real fancy cars that they love to drive and race

Thus far, I have spent my time in my room, trying not to move, but still somehow sweating entirely too much, and catching up on tv that I haven't watched since I left Italy. Work starts tomorrow.

No comments: